Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A good gift is hard to find

what is it about finding the perfect gift for someone?  occasionally i nail it... usually without much effort and more about luck...but sometimes I obsess about it.. waste a ton of time "looking" and then end up with something that I could've spent 10 minutes looking in Anthro for... why do we try so hard?

i think it's spectacular when we give a gift that a loved one with open, squeal, and cherish.... at least this is the reaction I strive for... but why does it not happen when we try so hard?

ok... so my conclusion is...i think people really value the heartfelt touches... the handmade card... the photos from a recent activity together... the cute personalized packaging... the homemade cookies in a cute mason jar adorned with bright ribbon... this is what makes a gift special... it is the heart that you put into it.  as simple as that!



For those recipients who value the monetary value... my 2 cents is (ha)... no matter how hard you try... it will never be enough so cut your losses and move on.

oh, and if anyone reading this would like to get me a gift that will make me squeal... look no further...


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment