Friday, June 8, 2012

bit-o-honey

Bit-O-Honey ~ 
a weekly post to start off your 
weekends with something sweet!


I feel inspired everyday.  It's a great feeling.  It leads to imagination and ideas and change and excitement.  Life is fun when this happens often...especially when we allow it to lead us in new directions.

My life is changing and I like it.  Getting old gets a bad rap but, I think there's something so great about finding new things that help you see the possibilities...learning about concepts/ideology that you connect with.....reading words that make you act... not using fear as an excuse... finding your bliss.  This does not usually happen at a young age, although it certainly can... but for most of us it requires lots of life experiences and learning from them.  It's ok to stray from the path that you thought was the "right" one... it's ok to be curious about new stuff.  We're not too old until it's over.

I recently read about a young girl who was tragically killed in a motor vehicle accident about 2 weeks ago.  She was 22.  She was quite accomplished for someone so young and had just graduated from a prestigious ivy league school. She was headed to NYC to continue her career as a writer.  I have been oddly fascinated with her... not in a weird way but just in that I cannot get this story out of my head.   Everything that I've read about her makes me like her so much, she was amazing.  I've read several of her articles that now can be found quite easily on the web, I've seen a couple of youtube performances and have read many news articles about what kind of person she was from the perspective of those who knew and loved her.  It was most impressive to me that in her 22 years of life she had already gained the large sum of empathy, humanism, wisdom that most do not ever achieve.  She would have made great contributions to this world had she survived and continued on to write.  I would like to share excerpts from some of her work...

"Opposite of Loneliness" by Marina Keegan

We're so young. We're so young. We're twenty-two years old. We have so much time. There's this sentiment I sometimes sense, creeping in our collective conscious as we lay alone after a party, or pack up our books when we give in and go out – that it is somehow too late. That others are somehow ahead. More accomplished, more specialized. More on the path to somehow saving the world, somehow creating or inventing or improving. That it's too late now to BEGIN a beginning and we must settle for continuance, for commencement.
For the entire article:
click here

Have a truly great weekend!  xoxo Sonal and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment