Tuesday, August 21, 2012

getting crafty!

ooh how we love making things... edible and otherwise.

Recently there have been a few gifts that I've been working on to thank some friends on the west coast for their hospitality during our recent vacation.

In addition Bee was quite crafty with the kids last week preparing for the lovely birthday party!

We have some fun events on the G+B calendar in September and October... including a Halloween party!  What fun!!!  Stay tuned for more crafting photos in the next month but for now I will share some of my recent projects.

 As tempting as it is to buy more crafting materials, I also find it gratifying to use stuff that I already have...

An old halter top from Vineyard Vines (that looked quite hideous on me) repurposed into a dapper tie sewn onto an American Apparel onesie for my cute little friend and newborn Theo...

washi tape is my new obsession by the way



above is a t-shirt that I made for Rowan a white back... Julia Rothman is the artist who designed this iron-on bow tie (check out this awesome book).  When we were in Portland with Roopal and Jonathan, they really dug his t-shirt... and so now...tah-dah!...  Jonathan and Rowan will be twins!  I enjoyed wrapping it (below) with some left over fabric and adding a simple but rockstar card.

 Above is a woven bracelet for my friend Roopal.  I tried adding silver beads and silver thread to a simple friendship bracelet stitch and so far it looks pretty good (although it was challenging to photograph).


Lastly, I am working on a wedding gift for Apu and Mary (see here for their adorable engagement photo).  I have only completed their heads... although I obsessed over it because I really wanted it to resemble them... and next I will add a mountain in the background since they were married near Mount Hood, OR.


our henna decorated hands!


Until next time... Happy Crafting!

xoxo Sonal

No comments:

Post a Comment