Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY fun

Two weeks ago I talked about some house projects that I was working on.  Things in that department are moving along although not at the pace that I would like.  Putting a second coat of paint on Rowan's bed frame today.  His mattress will be here soon and I already have his clothesline crisp sheets from the Vermont Country Store (they are the best!).  The bed looks great... and I cannot wait to see him sleeping in it!  The plan for gray walls has been changed, and now I'm thinking of maybe doing red stripes on his ceiling... and not changing the room color at all.  We'll see... it's always a work in progress.



On a different note, I really love the do-able in an hour DIY project with the kids.  I've been looking around (as I always do) on blogs, pinterest, and where-ever else for new fresh and useful things that we can make together.  I found a cool one on a blog called Rust & Sunshine... one that makes use of plastic containers from the grocery store/ bakery.  I always have these in the house!
Check out the project here.  It's just like shrinky dinks... there are so many crafting possibilities beyond the bracelet.  I'm totally doing this with Amiya!

turn this...
into this

No comments:

Post a Comment