Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hive Jive




Gold + Bee has a circle of hip ladies around the hive.  They have flair, they make style look effortless, and we adore them!  They have been a great support to our budding business and we are grateful for that.

We thought "what fun!" to tap into their creative minds with a new and recurring G + B blog guest post called 'Hive Jive'. The first guest post is from our good friend Nat, a nature based jewelry designer with her own business, she paints, thrifts, crafts, and raises her 3 adorable kids with  free-spirited fun and artful-mindfulness.

Enjoy!

-Sonal & Melissa

ANTIQUING WITH KIDS???

This morning the kids and I went out for breakfast in rural NH.  On our way home we were passing some antique markets.  I was dying to go in  - my mouth was literally watering - but I knew it would be a disaster with three kids dying to touch (and destroy) every little glass figurine.  Today was a little cold and windy, and not ideal for boating....so I decided to push my luck. As I pulled into the market, I had no idea how much FUN IT WOULD BE WITH KIDS!!!!

They had so many questions.  Yes, I let them pick things up (all non-breakables of course) and they were extremely curious.  My kids had never seen the following:
1.  a potato ricer

2.  hand-crank mixer

3. old fashioned bait bucket (they thought it must be something for bread baking)

4.  a REAL milk crate


We walked away with so many goodies (all under $10) and they have the stories to go with them.  It was like a history lesson - the best kind.  Is this what home-teaching moms do with their kids daily?

-Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment